Contact Me

Contact Me
Contact Me

Working Mom Blogger

Working Mom Blogger
Working Mom Blogger

Health & Wellness

Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness

 

 

Halo Halo

My biggest birthday present that I ever treated myself with was a 5-day trip to the Philippines in June 2006. Thanks to AirAsia. The air ticket was RM0. I only paid for the airport tax and brought enough pesos for traveling purposes.

But... I won't be documenting in details about where I went or what I saw because my blog is neither a travel blog, a photo blog nor a food blog. My habit is to publish things that caught my attention, delighted me & made me happy.

So, I love this dessert named Halo Halo (Tagalog), which is translated as mix-mix, a multi-layered mixture of shaved ice and evaporated milk, coconut flesh, boiled red mung beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, sugar palm fruit, jackfruit, plantains, sago, nata de coco, purple yam, sweet potato, sweetened corn kernels or pounded crushed rice, flan or custard, and gelatin. It is served cold in a tall glass or bowl. Actually, it's almost similar to our own country's "Ais Kacang or Air Batu Campur, ABC).

I got this picture from Wikipedia.

And...

How to Make One!

Hmmm...

No comments