Contact Me

Contact Me
Contact Me

Working Mom Blogger

Working Mom Blogger
Working Mom Blogger

Health & Wellness

Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness

 

 

Missing hometown food

If I miss Laksa Sarawak, I'll always go to Restoran Gembira at Taman Megah, PJ. The husband and wife who runs this stall are from Miri, Sarawak. This bowl costs RM4.50 and the portion is just nice, not too filling. The gravy/soup heals my homesickness because that's how Laksa Sarawak should taste like. Must eat with its delicious chilli-belacan paste and half a lime. Fabulous!

This is Kam Pua, meaning Sarawak Dry Noodles. Same stall, RM3.80. The char siew and minced pork are lean. The noodles are handmade and springy. Another remedy to heal homesickness :D

Before my dad passed away, he'll always buy either Laksa Sarawak or Kam Pua for me whenever I fly home. Some memories are good to keep :)

No comments