Contact Me

Contact Me
Contact Me

Working Mom Blogger

Working Mom Blogger
Working Mom Blogger

Health & Wellness

Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness

 

 

I love porridge

It's a Sunday afternoon and I've no intention to eat out. First, I'm lazy to go out. Second, I don't want to waste money to buy outside food. So, I "scavenged" my food store and see what I can come out with. So, here's my modified porridge, easy and cheap.

Ingredients (for 2 persons):
1 packet MAGGI Rice Porridge (any flavor will do - chicken, fish, prawns, vegetarian, abalone)
1 handful of ikan bilis, washed and soaked for a while
A few pieces of dried squid, washed and soaked for a while
1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium-sized potato, coarsely cubed
1 medium-sized carrot, coarsely cubed
1 egg
Water

How?
1. Sweat onions in a pan for a couple of minutes. Add ikan bilis and dried squid. Stir-fry for a few minutes.

2. Add potatoes and carrots. Stir for another few minutes.

3. Add 1 cup of water and simmer for a few minutes. Then, pour in the whole packet of MAGGI Rice Porridge. Add water, enough to cover everything in the pan.

4. Lower down heat, cover the pan, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.

5. Beat an egg lightly and stir in. Serve piping hot :D

No comments