Contact Me

Contact Me
Contact Me

Working Mom Blogger

Working Mom Blogger
Working Mom Blogger

Health & Wellness

Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness

 

 

600th Post: Emergence of Juice

People change. I change too.

I apologize if the changes that you (certain ones of you) have seen shocked you. I owe you (plural) nothing. If you choose to ignore me, feel free to do so because I have made up my mind to detach myself from you (group).

All I need are friends, those who would take the risk to know me, like I do. :)

I present my journey...

I have an unhappy childhood. My teenage years were more or less the same. I was a short, plump, four-eyed girl who was so introvert, primp, proper, and boring. I don't know what is the meaning of love. I only recognize the pain and gain of adhering to rules and regulations. Although I excelled in my studies, I was not happy because I did not have many close friends. Best female friends come and go. There was never a boyfriend. I did not give it a thought either due to my plain appearance and physique.

Oh well... Inner beauty has always been losing out to outward beauty. This cruel truth shall stay true no matter how the world changes its course. When I was about 17, I wrote to a local Chinese newspaper columnist about my situation. I still have the newspaper clipping of her reply to me with me. I was advised to stay optimistic because amidst all sorts of imperfections, I was a girl with a deep personality. Whatever that means...

End of May 1999: I flew from Bintulu, Sarawak to Petaling Jaya to further my studies at Universiti Malaya (UM, KL). This was truly an escapade for me, I wanted to be away from home for so many years...

2000-2003: I was participating actively in healthy activities (mostly church-related) to boost my networking and friendship circle. I was ready to face the world. I wanted to excel in everything that I was involved in. In BM, semangat saya berkobar-kobar untuk mengecapi kejayaan demi kejayaan! Then, I fell in love with him... but I did not consider him as my ex. The relationship was never smooth and was ended abruptly because I needed to be away from PJ/KL for two years after graduating from my tertiary studies with a CGPA count of 3.68/4.00. One great thing was that I managed to slim my 57kg physique to a 48kg one. Muahahahahaha! My confidence was boosted. Never in my life had I felt so confident about my outward appearance.

2004-January 2007: I was active in church throughout this period of time and I was traveling all over West Malaysia. Then, in 2006, the 'he' married a close friend of mine. WTF. He should not have tested my heart while he was already loving this girl when I got back there. No boyfriends since then.

February 2007: My father passed away. :(

March 2007 till now: I am putting my whole soul and heart in my career. I love my career more than anything else now. And yeah, I love blogging too. And I love the new circle of friends, aka colleagues and clients. They are fantastic people! I avoid office politics, so I wanna mingle with all sorts of fellas co-working together, whether intra- or interdepartment for lunch, party, clubbing, whatever!

I'm still single... Hmmm... People ask me to have MORE faith. Duh... MORE faith and hope till when harr? But I do not want casual flings that end nowhere, I seek for a long-term relationship. Okay, I shall stop here.

Wanna sleep. I'm in the process of meeting deadly deadlines. *Gambate!*

4 comments

  1. Hi Joyce! Congrats on your 600th Post. It has been that long since you blog! Amazing.. I hope I"ll have mine one day, just need the persistence. I admire your guts and your strong will. I'm sure you're gonna have something great ahead of you (I'm not gonna say have faith/hope, as obviously, you know that better than me that IT IS going to happen)^^

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ching Ya!

    Yes, same to you. Enjoy blogging. Your blog is entertaining & informative. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometime, in chinese we say "waiting is an art". no matter how we feel now and see now and have now and touch now, to us it is so real. but as you say, people change, because we are not God. we change easily. but no matter what are we doing now. our destiny only one NJ!!!! not matter how you avoid, deep within you you will agree, somehow, we will all be there. so , while we are on the way, in the journey, do not waste our time on those which is not related to our aim. may be we dun feel that is our aim, but we can ask from the Lord, grant us the heart and grant us the strength. we all on the way. be encourage sister. at least i still single too. haha...song nian

    ReplyDelete