Contact Me

Contact Me
Contact Me

Working Mom Blogger

Working Mom Blogger
Working Mom Blogger

Health & Wellness

Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness

 

 

[Friday-8] Slumdog Millionaire

Okay, I know it's kinda late to talk about Slumdog Millionaire, you know, the winner of Best Motion Picture of The Year @ The Oscars. I guess everybody has watched it and I heard fantastic comments from friends over and over again that this movie was REALLY GOOD! Well, I've been procrastinating. It's either watch or don't watch. And so, I watched! Yay!

Actually, I should be watching Jin Hutan. However, my sister insisted that we must watch Slumdog this week before it was retired from being shown in cinemas from next week onwards. So, although the tickets were bought, I went into the cinema with mixed feelings and speculations and without expectations.

The opening scene erased all my doubts. I was captured by this: "Jamal Malik is one question away from winning 20 million rupees. How did he do it? A) He cheated, B) He's lucky, C) He's a genius, D) It is written." And the movie rolled on!

Seriously speaking, the element that kept my attention the most throughout the entire movie was neither the 18-year old Dev Patel (born in 1990) nor the 24-year old Freida Pinto (born in 1984). It was the impressive acting from the child actors, especially the boys! They appeared up to one-third of the entire movie being themselves, as some of them were slum kids in real life. Awesome!

There were no subtitles provided for conversations spoken in English. Only the Hindi conversations were translated as burnt-in subtitles throughout the entire movie.

Jamal and Latika were finally together despite hiccups that forced them to be apart throughout their childhood and teen years. Latika said, it's destiny. In fact, at the end of the movie, the answer was given to the question in the opening scene. D. It is written, thus implying destiny. I was so mesmerized. Glad that I watched it.

Brilliant production.

There are more movies that I couldn't afford to miss!

Check out Jai Ho!

No comments