Contact Me

Contact Me
Contact Me

Working Mom Blogger

Working Mom Blogger
Working Mom Blogger

Health & Wellness

Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness

 

 

Memoirs of A Saturday :: Food

I've prepped myself up for extremely busy working weeks ahead till Q1 (January - March) ends. My Q2, starting in April will be pretty hectic as well, hopefully not much hiccups and that everything will roll out as planned.

Therefore, 21 March 2009 has been a very significant Saturday, sort of like the last Saturday of March that I could spend without being swamped with work. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my job. But then, since I can't really handle stress very well, I need to pace myself by taking short breaks on and off, or else I'll be snappy, crappy and bitchy. :S

Okay, let's start with FOOD!!

Okay, it's about Sarawak Kueh Chap, again. Haha... Here's something from my second visit to the same stall at Kelana Jaya for lunch. I brought my sister along as she's also craving for it after learning about my "gastronomical affair" with Kueh Chap in Klang Valley. LOL!

See this little plate of chili paste? It goes amazingly well with the noodles! Tangy and spicy, my taste buds were tantalized to yearn for more! The stall owner assured me that this superb chili paste is not found in the market; it's homemade. I believe him. :)


This time round, I "examined" every type of pork that I could find floating in my bowl - lean pork, fatty pork with its skin still intact, stomach, intestines, ears, and tongue slices; plus dried tauhu, a quarter of hard-boiled egg, and of course, the flimsy rice noodles.

Feeling satisfied after lunch, I managed to chat with the stall owner. My gut feelings said that he's in his mid-thirties. He's a Sarawakian, from Kuching. At the moment, he's selling Sarawak Kueh Chap and Hakka Mee at this stall that he operates at Kelana Jaya. Both, I mean the noodles, are priced at RM4.50 per bowl. Add-ons shall be charged accordingly.

So, I was informed that there are another two stalls that also sell Kueh Chap plus Kolok Mee. OMG! Really? Let me jot this down before I forget. One of these stalls is located at Sunway Mas and another one at Kota Damansara. I can't provide the exact info at the moment. I shall blog about them when I've located these stores (no need GPS, I know how to get to these places rather well) and tried their food. Hehe...

Oh no!!! Updates on 24/4/09: Got to know that business wasn't so good at Kelana Jaya. This stall has been relocated to somewhere I don't know. I guess all Kueh Chap fans have to try the other two stalls at Kota Damansara and Sunway Mas.

Now, what's for dinner? So, my sister and I went to Pasta Zanmai, a place where I yearn to go for decades!


Okay, what you can see here are: Ika Sumi set (Pasta Zanmai's infamous Squid Ink Pasta that smears your teeth and lips black like any of Addams Family's characters) with salad and miso soup; Shishamo (two pieces of giant boneless anchovies stuffed with roe); and Macha Crepe (a layer of crepe "supporting" a blob of green tea ice-cream, red bean paste, cream, and an assortment of fruits in cubes).

So, that's about it for FOOD on a Saturday.

;)

No comments