Contact Me

Contact Me
Contact Me

Working Mom Blogger

Working Mom Blogger
Working Mom Blogger

Health & Wellness

Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness

 

 

I'm Joyce Rachel Lee :)

From Facebook quizzes.

So, I named myself Joyce Rachel Lee.

Here are some extra info I found from the internet.

JOYCE
Gender: Feminine & Masculine
Pronounced: JOIS (English)
Meaning: From the (masculine) medieval name Josse, which was derived from the earlier Ioceus or Iodocus, Latinized forms of the Breton name Jodoc meaning "lord". The name belonged to a 7th-century Breton saint, and it was introduced to England by Breton settlers after the Norman conquest. It died out after the 14th century, but was later revived as a feminine name, perhaps because of similarity to the word joy. This given name also formed the basis for a surname, as in the case of the Irish novelist James Joyce (1882-1941).


RACHEL
Gender: Feminine
Other Scripts:
רָחֵל (Hebrew)
Pronounced: RAY-chəl (English), ra-SHEL (French)
Meaning: "Ewe" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament (Bible), this was the name of the favorite wife of Jacob and the mother of Joseph and Benjamin. The name was common among Jews in the Middle Ages, but it was not generally used as a Christian name in the English-speaking world until after the Protestant Reformation.


Note: Ewe is a female sheep. Rachel has the meaning "innocence of a lamb". I'm born in the Year of the Sheep. So, Rachel fits very well. :)

******************************

Alright! As per my comment, "...and I thought I'll do worse than this". But I really like the explanation, suits me perfectly, especially this one: When things are bad, you know they eventually have to get better!

:D

No comments